Wednesday, December 10, 2014

My opinion on the reading of Memorial

The reading of Memorial by Alice Oswald put on by the theater department was both entertaining and enlightening.  Personally I don’t know that I liked the way that they represented the bold names in their reading, by reading it twice like they were reading and confirming that a checklist.  Though I don’t know how else they would accomplish this besides the way they did.  The issue that I have with this is that it may emphasize them like they are in the text it feels emotionless.  Besides that I thought that it was a great way to represent the text. By having the similes spoken in a different way when you have the same simile helps to not make it seem boring and repetitive which was an issue that I had with the text while I was reading it.  There were a couple of similes (for example ones about the wind) where repeated and even when read aloud in a unique way, it being repeated in the same way made it less appealing. 

My overall response to the reading put on by the theater department is that it was well done, though there are some things that I would change for the most part there is really no other logical way that would do it differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment